Gotcha!

Gotcha!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Oct 23, 2011

I guess President decided that we are allowed to email today, which is really nice. We get our transfer calls tommorow! I'm really nervous for this one, I think there is a good chance either me or Elder Simmons could be leaving. Ken and Toni are pretty distraught with the thought of one of us leaving. But ya that was really cool that she emailed you guys. We were just over at their house and gave Ken a blessing, because he tore his meniscus doing MMA and is in pretty rough shape. They are seriously the coolest people ever though. Even if one of us moves before there baptism, we are pretty sure we will be able to get permission to travel back for their baptism. I wouldn't want to miss it.


Thanks for your email earlier in the week. I will check out those verses in Kings for sure. I really did like the BoM reading I did last week, I hope I didn't sound to bummed out about it. My testimony of this gospel really has increased so much in these last 3 months.


156 dollars this month? That seems like a lot... I didn't know about the 5 dollar fee. Ill be more careful. I just realized that some of the things I have used my VISA for haven't even been worth 5 dollars. I have used it for some dry cleaning, buying food occasionally, I bought some new socks and a new belt because I wrecked mine, but what really took it up was me and Elder Simmons both withdrew 40 pounds to help pay for Ken and Toni's wedding. Sorry I didn't get a chance to ask, but they are really struggling financially and can't afford the wedding costs. They are planning on doing a really small wedding, with probably just silver bands and only inviting like 5-10 people there (they aren't even inviting their parents) but they really just can't afford it. Me and Elder Simmons are trying to figure out the best way to give them the money, whether just discreetly in an unmarked envelope so they don't know it was us, or just giving it to them as a gift. We are just worried they wouldn't accept it. So I do have enough money each month for essential things, but different things keep coming up. Ill stop using it to buy food and just use it for clothes and other big expenses. Sorry about that.
I don't mind sending you and Mom both emails. I don't really have a lot of people to email anymore, a lot have already stopped.


It has been a pretty tough week, but i'll talk more about that in the letter to mom.


Good luck with the upcoming race. Let me know how it goes. I'll probably be emailing again on thursday or wednesday, but it might not be until next monday. I don't really know at this point.


Love Elder Steed

No comments:

Post a Comment