Gotcha!

Gotcha!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Aug 8, 2011

I can't belive it either. It still hasn't sunk in yet. It almost sunk in last night but I didn't let it. Ya i will need to find a scale to see how my weight is doing. But actually Elder Simmons is a pretty good chef. So far he has cooked us two dinners, he made some chicken curry and rice one night and then some egg noodle sandwhich which is pretty good. And as I am emailing I just bought my first authentic cornish pastie from a nearby bakery, and it is delicous. But very unhealthy and quite expensive.


We actually have a lot going on here. We had church on sunday and the ward was great. really nice, welcoming people. I had to teach the priesthood and gospel principles lesson though. We actually have like 4 dinner appointments this week already. the only issue is that the ward is really old. There is a pretty good chance that within 3 months half of the ward will die of natural causes. Which will not help the ward goal, which is to double the attendance at each sacrament meeting this year. Its a lofty goal, but we are working hard and with the members behind us we are sure that we will find some new converts. we are trying to focus on young families, seeing as this is really what the ward needs.


My health is actually getting a little bit better. in the MTC i went to a doctor in Preston and I got a prescription for some stronger allergy medication than reactine and so Ive been using that and a benydryl every night and I am getting better. Although Elder Simmons is now quite sick with a cold. But he would never take a day off for anything. We actually spent the whole morning of this p-day cleaning our flat. the last elders were kind of slobs, so we had a lot of cleaing to do.


We are a little short here on new investigators, so we do about three hours of knocking on doors a day. Its really hard. But in yesterdays knocking we found 7 potential investigators and taught one really good lesson with this guy James who was about 20 and very interested in where we go after we die.


We also have a great family that we are meeting with, Ken and Toni and their daughter Jessica who is four. They are very interested, and they have met with us once but they have met with other missionaries a couple other times in the past two weeks. We are meeting them again on wednesday and really hoping they will have a desire to be baptized. the only problem is that they aren't married... but they have been together for 5 years so hopefully they will be willing to get married.


I dont have much time left. I have so much to tell you guys but I will write more next week. I wondered that exact same question did. In this past month I have been guided by the spirit more times than I can count. And the thing about it is you dont ever really know if it is your own thought or if it is the holy ghost. The advice that Elder Bednar gave to us is that we don't need to worry about it. In a talk we listened to by him in the MTC he told us to be good boys/girls, to obey the commandments and honor our covenants and if we do this the spirit will fill our mouths and guide our steps. So the best advice I can give is to not worry about it. Just be good, do good things, and know the spirit is playing a part in everything you do.


I hope you guys all stay healthy and safe. Watch out for those cougars and bears and stuff. My biggest concern here is dogs biting my fingers as i slide cards in through mail slots.


tell Riley happy birthday from me.


I miss you guys and love you lots


Elder Steed


No comments:

Post a Comment