Gotcha!

Gotcha!

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

May 13, 2012

It was great to see you guys. It wasn't quite as exciting for me as it was the first time, but I still can't wait to see you guys and Riley again at Christmas.
The crazy senior couple here always says really funny things. I have like 2 pages of quotes from him I'll send you one day. But he always was talking about how this stuff with the Baral's is a chess game. We always laughed, but it actually kind of was. It seemed so hopeless at times, like they would never be baptized, but then one day something just clicked and they took that big step. Teaching them has been one of the most challenging, frustrating, but also rewarding parts of my mission. I hope we will stay friends. Dumbaru has been doing a bit better, he had a little bit last night but got up and went to work this morning  which was good. I returned the credit cards to his wife but he still thinks I have them.
I called President this morning and told him I felt like I needed to move. I thought and prayed about it a lot. I feel like Pettersen will get them baptized with his new greenie (he is training now, that will be good for him). I am flying out to Gurnsey at 1150 tomorrow morning. It sounds like a crazy place. The ward has 11 active members, and they had 35 people at church yesterday. I told President that nothing will stop me from getting back to the Baral's baptism on the 27th. They will have to fly me back to the mainland, but President Shamo agreed. It actually worked out well because there is going to be a mission wide conference they would have flied me back for anyways on the 28th, so it's not a huge inconvience. I'll email again wednesday and tell you what it's like!
Love Elder Steed

No comments:

Post a Comment