Gotcha!

Gotcha!

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

April 29, 2012


I can't believe you got an iPhone as well. Do you even know how to use it? But to let you know, it literally feels like it has rained every day in April. It gets old really fast. But the sun is shining now and hopefully May will be really nice.
Life with a companion definitely has its ups and downs. I think I have learned to deal with it fairly well now. I don't really know what to say about it. At the moment we get along great in the flat and out contacting, I just get really frustrated that I have to do a lot of the small talk and teaching in DA's and lessons. It can be really draining. But it is only my 5th companion (counting the MTC). In this mission, to have only served in two areas in 10 months is pretty normal. My good friend from NZ actually just left his first area 3 weeks ago. He was in his greenie area for 9 months. It is the best way to do it though. I think ideally, I would like to have 4 6-month area's. 6 months just seems like the perfect time. By that time you know the area and ward really well, you know how to work the area and a lot of stuff has happened in 6 months. After 6 months is when people just start getting really comfortable in the ward and the area and can kick back and relax a bit to much. Not always, but sometimes. I was starting to feel a bit like that in Helston actually.
Haha Tanner 2.0? It sounds funny when you put it like that. I'll still just be mostly the same. I still have the side of me that likes to keep things interesting, even as a missionary.
I sent dad's mom a letter back today thanking her for her card. Hopefully she gets that soon.
You have now sold my car and my dirtbike!! What is happening! I don't have the money to replace these things when I get home.
But in terms of my birthday package... a lot of my stuff is starting to wear out. My grey suit trousers are destroyed, so I have been wearing only one suit now and it is wearing out really fast now as well. My other 3 pairs of trousers and getting pretty old also but still have some life. I think I mostly need a new suit and a new rain coat. The one I brought with me is that blue one I had back home and I can't really wear it because we need to wear black. I still do wear it if it is really coming down, but I try not to. And my other jacket isn't waterproof. And I forgot my umbrella on a bus a few weeks ago, so I have been umbrella less. I think it would be easiest just to purchase those things myself though. I think I should be able to get a good suit for like 100 pounds and a jacket for around 50. So mostly at this point all I really need is new clothes. I was going to try and wait until my year mark but I don't know if I'll make it that long.
Thanks for the great email. I love hearing all the details even if I don't have time to reply to them all.
I think the best way for them to stop fighting is just to have a good example of you and dad and how you guys resolve conflicts. If you guys and Alyssa and Riley will resolve conflicts peacefully, I would think they would as well.
I don't really know what else to mention. We had an awesome dinner last night with this family the Summersgils. The wife is from the West Indes, so she made us some really good food from that area like Jerk Chicken and Macaroni pie and this one drink made out of tree bark. The drink was not so good but everything was awesome.
I also got the chance to go to the temple again this week. I was on exchange with Elder Huang, and we went with an investigator who hopefully will be baptized in their area soon. I like being at the temple grounds, I just felt happy when I was there.
I should really write down things to tell you guys about. All the normal, day to day things that I find ordinary and boring are probably the things you most want to hear about, I just can't remember them all. I think I talked more about those things when I was new and those things were still exciting to me. Oh well.
See you in 13 days over Skype!
Love Elder Steed

No comments:

Post a Comment