Gotcha!

Gotcha!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Jan 1, 2012

We were out partying all night. There is a really good club here in town. I'm pretty sure Oscarsauce kissed a girl at midnight.


Just kidding. I have been pretty sick the last couple of days, and we got in on Dec. 31 at like 930 and I just went straight to bed. I was planning on setting the alarm and waking up at 11:55 and being awake for midnight, but I just felt like crap and couldn't do it. We are going today to Ken's house, with all 6 of the missionaries in Cornwall, and he is taking us to his gym and teaching all of us MMA training. I feel still pretty sick today but everyone else is really excited for it so I am just going to have to push through it. Sounds like you guys had a good new years eve. 40-50 kids? That sounds like a mad house. Hopefully the Pillings didn't supply champagne or anything to all those kids. But it wouldn't surprise me if they did.


I can't believe Riley is an Elder now. If you guys are going to try to get him out of there before September, so he can make it back in time for school to start, he will be sending his papers in in a few months. How crazy is that.


Ken and Toni did show up to church, and I was able to confirm them yesterday. I was really nervous. I spent all morning stressing and trying to think of things to say, and then telling myself I shouldn't be trying to plan it ahead of time. I couldn't focus on anything else at church. Finally the time came to give the blessing, and my prayers were answered. I got up there and I just felt calm, and as I started the blessing I was able to just let my mind go completely blank. I'm still really new at giving blessings, but I really did feel the guidance of the spirit. It was easily one of the highlights of my mission so far.


That is kind of cool that we were both involved in priesthood ordinations yesterday. I can't wait until Ken becomes an Elder. Our Elder's quorum president is moving away in a week, Paul Morris, and I'm pretty sure in 6 months they will make Ken the new EQP. Yes, there is a serious lack of strong priesthood in the ward.


Sounds like you guys hang out with the Pillings 24/7. I thought you would see them less once you moved, but apparently not.


Transfer day is on Jan. 18. This has felt like the longest transfer of my mission so far. Which is weird, because we have done a lot of fun things and Christmas and everything. I'm really excited for Joseph on the 17th as well.


I hope you guys have a great time at the cabin, let me know how it goes.

Love Elder Steed

No comments:

Post a Comment