Gotcha!

Gotcha!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Oct 26, 2011

Hey, I have just a couple minutes today to email. I'm in Newton Abbot right now, we got the moves calls yesterday. Simmons is leaving. I was devastated when I found out. We had our fair share of fights and disagreements, but overall we got along really well and I loved serving with him. I just can't imagine what it is going to be like with someone new. The good news is though that he is just going to Plymouth, which is like 2 hours away. He is the new zone leader for this area, so I will still be seeing him a lot and whatever. And he will be able to come back for Ken and Toni's baptism and marriage! They both have strong testimonies. They fit in perfectly with the ward. We had a really emotional night last night with them as Elder Simmons said his goodbyes. They are just like family.
My new companion's name is Elder Oscarson. He is one transfer older than me, so he has been out like 5 months I think. He is the new district leader. Everyone else in the district is staying the same. It's pretty crazy, the two Elders in St. Austell have served together for 6 months already and they have another month and a half and maybe more after that. I think if I ever serve with the same person for 7 and a half months I would just go crazy. They are just about ready to kill each other I think, but the President said he had a really strong impression that they both needed to stay. They are both good missionaries and trying to make the best of it. In Redruth and St. Austell, the other areas in this district, the work is going really slow. They have struggling wards and no investigators. They just have to go finding all day. Things aren't that great overall in Cornwall right now, but here in Helston we have some hope, mostly because of Ken and Toni and the amazing ward we have here. Everyone says my new companion is like a really quiet, humble guy. I don't know how that is going to work out in this district and in this ward, everyone is pretty loud and opinionated. Me and the Elder's quorum president Paul Morris and his counsellor Brett Joliffe are going to try and think of some initiation thing we can do to him. I'm sure he will be a great guy though. Everyone has said he is a really good missionary.
I gotta wrap this up, but just wanted you to know about the moves. I'm doing great, thanks for all the prayers and emails.
Oh, and I'm just going to buy a sat nav right now, and a razor. Things here are really expensive... like something that would cost 100 dollars back home costs like 80-90 pounds here. So I apologize in advance for the VISA charge. I'll try not to use it much after this.
Love Elder Steed

No comments:

Post a Comment