Gotcha!

Gotcha!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sept 4, 2011

I know you are probably no longer at the Orrs house, but if you are tell em that I miss them also and that Im doing just fine. Those guys really are so much fun.


Im sure Rileys place is much better than mine. Maybe you and sis Draycott could fly out here and fix up our place for us.


Please do send me that picture and any other cool ones you have. I would love some pictures of you guys, I think I might be forgetting what people look like.


Sounds like school should be good for everyone. I have been talking to alyssa a little bit about how hard it was for me to start at a new high school but im sure she will do great. Jackson I hope will be fine, have that kid email me and tell me about it. And what happened to rebel drifters emails?


Im sure you guys will find your niche in that ward. You can always seem to make friends wherever you go.


Thats really nice of you to feed the missionaries. I always remember thinking it was weird/awkward when the missionaries came over for dinner, but I dont know if thats just because we had weird missionaries or we just didnt see them enough. But over here I feel like we just have such a great realationship with like all the ward members. We have a member feed us (a dinner appointment) at least once a day, sometimes twice, at there is one family (the Morris', who I think I mentioned briefly in my last email) in particular that honestly feels like my home away from home here. We were at their house last night for dinner and to share the sacrament with Laura, who has been sick, and it was so hard to leave. They got three kids from ages 6-9 who are so cool and Paul and Laura are both just so loving and kind, going out of their way to feed us even when we know they are stuggling financially. Actually a lot of the ward here is not doing well financially at all, and I find it amazing that they are still so willing to feed us.


But in terms of what we cook... so far we arent doing that well. We actually just finished our grocery shopping. We always plan out a list and try to keep it around 15 pounds a week each, but we get in to the grocery store and just lose control. we ended up spending 53 pounds on this weeks groceries. We bought 4 litres of pop, 6 litres of juice, 2 tubs of ben and jerrys ice cream, frozen pizzas, frozen cornish pasties, a kilogram of bacon, 2 blocks of cheese, a kilo of egg noodles and 4 bags of ichiban, and a bunch of other things we should never have bought. We need to stop shopping while hungry. At the end of the week we end up throwing out like a ton of expired stuff because we always buy way too much food.


We actually had a really great church service sunday as well. We sadly had no investigators this week, but because of this we were able to attend the gospel doctrine class instead of teaching gospel principles. I would love those notes also, so send em next week.


It sounds like you and dad have been spending way more time together than usual. I don't know if this is because dad is an emotional wreck because of his two sons moving out or just for fun. But anyways, it is really great you are, I have already learned so much about how important our family really is to me out here. And how important it is that we stay together forever.


Shes marrying like a 53 year old or something isnt she? Thats crazy, she seems way to young. I took her to mcdonalds once after seminary. not like a date or anything, just because we both wanted a junior chicken.


That RS president sounds a little bit rude to be honest with you. In my YSA everyone was really nice but maybe I just think that because I sat in the back and didnt talk to anyone except brooks and tyler for like the first 3 months. But im sure they will find some nice 18 year old girls who are looking for some cute preemies and not some R.M.s who are going to propose on the first date. Ive been emailing sean every week. Sounds like he really is doing great. Him and Katianne were hanging out a lot this summer, im sure she had a great influence on him. I actually havent heard from carson yet. Hopefully he is still doing well though.


Ill talk about Bednars talk in my email to dad. But it was amazing.


Love Elder Steed

No comments:

Post a Comment