Gotcha!

Gotcha!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Jan 21, 2012

Hey,



I think I said mostly everything in the email to Dad. I am pretty devastated to be leaving. I can't believe it was 6 months I was there.



It feels like I had been there forever. It isn't the same here, differnet zone leaders, different people in the district, different ward, different investigators, different companion. And I am supposed to be more responsible, as someone made a mistake and called me as the district leader, so I have no free time and I'm on the phone all night. I'm sure in a few weeks I will have adjusted, but at the moment I don't think it has quite sunk in. It actually feels really similar to when I left home to start my mission.



I hope that doesn't make you worry though, that is not my intention.



Because the work is the same here as it was in Helston, I think when we get out and work I feel much better than when we are in the flat.



We don't have a car here, which means we probably aren't going to be able to take our lunch hours, I might just pack like a Mars bar everyday or something. The other crazy thing is how much we walk here.



This is what I imagined missionary work would be like. We must have walked close to ten miles most days so far. I am going to start using my iPod to keep track. My legs and feet are just dead. It is really good though because we can contact people as we travel from appointment to appointment, where in a car we could not do this.



Okay, in terms of those girls complaining..



I sent Janie her letter back like 2 months ago. I got it sent back to me like amonth ago because I put her address in wrong, and then resent it a few weeks ago. I just send Noodles her letter back today. And I have not recieved one from Lolo, so I don't know what she is talking about.



I'm still happy and I'm doing fine. I will get used to all these changes soon enough. I am finding it really exciting that more people I know are starting to go on missions.



I hope all is well back home, and I can't wait to hear from you guys next monday.



Love Elder Steed

No comments:

Post a Comment